Tuesday 12 June 2012

Saga Fever

I've come down with a case of Saga Fever. I'd been trying to avoid it since seeing it at Triples 2011, I went through 2 days at Triples this year and nearly managed to buy no new period or impulse purchases, but then I cracked and picked up a copy of the Saga rulebook. Swiftly followed by 3 more impulse buys, but thankfully those were for existing projects.

Having read the rulebook, I picked up a box of Vikings from Curtey's Miniatures along with some excellent Shield Transfers made by Battleflag. I also picked up a viking hero, beserkers and some  levy Archers from North Star Miniatures.

Having finished off the Ancients and French Indian Wars Projects last Thursday, I made a start on the Vikings, the plan is to do two four point warbands  for them. By Friday I'd realised that they were not going to take too long to finish, so I made a call to Wargames Emporium and picked up a Welsh and a Anglo-Dane Starter Army. The current aim is to have both the Viking warbands and the Anglo-Dane's finished by the end of June, whilst still working my through the Arctic Strike Battlegroup at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment